About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for a permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week) Relationships Counsellor located at our Maroochydore venue.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high standard of family and relationship counselling interventions to individuals, couples and families. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Conduct client intake, risk and needs assessment with all clients;
- Apply knowledge of life span and development theory and issues relevant to life transitions to the individual, couple and/or families (e.g., issues surrounding relationship formation and marriage, separating or remarrying, transition to parenthood, parenting different age children, retirement);
- Apply a systems theory framework and other evidence-based interventions for assisting individuals, couples and families meet their service delivery goals as appropriate;
- Recommend appropriate interventions to clients based on their presenting issues, their history, risk assessment, the impact of presenting issues on any children in the family, and their service delivery goals;
- Maintain confidentiality and understand the limits of confidentiality particularly as they apply to clinical risk management and duty of care matters;
- Maintain client files, case notes and risk management documentation as per organisational policy and procedure;
- Understand and meet legislative and funding requirements including collecting and recording statistical data in a timely and accurate manner.
Work days/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant, however please note that the position holder may be required to work an evening shift (negotiable to 8.00pm), with some flexibility as needed in order to meet business requirements.
To be successful in this position, you will possess
- Appropriate undergraduate qualifications in Behavioural Science, Psychology, Counselling or Social Work, coupled with
- Demonstrated experience and theoretical knowledge and application of Family Systems theories, evidence-based interventions for relationship work, developmental psychological theories and theories and practice frameworks for working with family violence.
- In addition, you will have previous experience in the delivery of counselling, education/skills-training, and group work with individuals, couples, families, across the lifespan, coupled with knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations relating to relationships counselling.
What We Can Offer You
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter, outlining your demonstrated experience in each area. Applications can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button below
Applications close at 4pm on 27 March 2023.