Family Relationship Advisor
Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. To finding more about our values, benefits and employee experience! Watch this Video
About the Role
We are currently accepting applications for multiple Family Relationship Advisor roles for a start on 17 April 2023. Details of the role are as follows:
- Permanent full time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Located at Eight Mile Plains venue
- Hourly rate between $39.46 to $46.34
- Commencing April 2023
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide clients with a responsive service that displays an understanding of the problems they are encountering
- In accordance with protocols, conduct an assessment of the clients’ needs in order to provide information, advice and appropriate referrals
- Attend to and manage crisis calls in an appropriate manner and where relevant, refer clients to other services
- Maintain confidentiality and duty of care, including identification and assessment of domestic and family violence, child safety, threat of harm to self or others, and other risk factors; and take appropriate steps as required by organisational policy and procedure
Workdays/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant, however, please note that the position holder will be required to work shifts that include overnight and weekends from home after successful completion of appropriate training. Position holders will also be required to work an evening shift (finishing between 8pm and 10pm) up to at least once a week, with some flexibility needed in order to meet business requirements.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- An undergraduate qualification in Social or Behavioural Sciences
- Experience in an incoming call centre environment or in customer service with ability in identifying client needs, assessing for risks and developing strategies to meet those needs
- Knowledge of issues specific to parents who may be separating or divorcing
- Theoretical knowledge of domestic and family violence, specifically social justice, social constructionist systems, feminist perspectives and other relevant models, to identify, assess and determine appropriate interventions for individuals or families who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
How to Apply
As we have tight timeframes, applications will be reviewed as they're received. We may choose to close this advertisement once we receive sufficient interest. That means don't wait! If this sounds like you, apply now!
If this sounds like you, apply now!