Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. Find out more about our values, benefits and employee experience by watching this video!
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for the fixed term, full time role of Child Consultant located at our Upper Mt Gravatt venue, on the basis of 75 hours p/fortnight. This is a temporary role until March 2025 for parental leave coverage. Workdays/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The purpose of this role is to provide and conduct a range of specialist interventions with children, young people and parents who are going through the process of family separation.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert information to Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (FDRP's) and clients throughout the mediation process whist engaging within all aspects of FDR case management
- Work with Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners to assist the child and family to manage the effects of family separation, family violence, parenting issues and family crises
- Apply knowledge of family systems theory, child development stages, and other relevant frameworks and strength-based approaches for working with children and young people, to determine appropriate interventions
- Provide appropriate counselling, referral and support to children, young people, and family members experiencing family separation, using a wide range of strategies including individual, group, family and community
Hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant, however, please note that the position holder may be required to work an evening shift which can be between the hours of 12pm to 8pm weekly, with some flexibility needed in order to meet business requirements.
The salary being offered is circa $80,963.63 to $94,619.10 per annum to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Appropriate undergraduate tertiary qualifications in the social or behavioural sciences.
- Completed the Jennifer McIntosh Child Consultancy qualification or willing to obtain.
- Skills to demonstrate experience in providing counselling interventions and support to children, young people and their families, knowledge of associated theoretical frameworks and models coupled with a theoretical understanding of child development and associated issues.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence, an understanding of domestic violence legislation and family law as well as previous experience in managing caseloads and effective time management.
- In addition, it is highly desirable if you hold accreditation as Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) with the Attorney-General’s Department or willing to obtain
What We Can Offer You
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter, outlining your demonstrated experience in each area. Applications can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button below!
Applications Close at 4pm on 04 March 2024